05 May 2016
At Viocorp we are passionate about online video and developing cutting-edge technology to bring the benefits of a cloud video solution to the whole enterprise. As a fast-growing, dynamic organisation, Viocorp attracts high-calibre talent and today we’re searching for a Senior Broadcast Engineer. This is an exciting role positioned in Viocorp’s growing Service Delivery team where you’ll be responsible for the flawless delivery of live streaming events.
The Senior Broadcast Engineer is responsible for implementing Viocorp’s video streaming technology for live broadcast events and delivering outstanding video experiences. This role is part of Viocorp’s Service Delivery team which is charged with ensuring Viocorp’s customers derive compelling value from Viocorp’s technology. This role reports into the Head of Service Delivery and Customer Success. The Senior Broadcast Engineer will be the subject matter expert on architecting and implementing complex live and on-demand video streaming solutions inside our customer’s networks. You will also be the SME on complementary 3rd party technologies (such as Wowza, Elemental, or other caching and encoding technologies) which form part of an enterprise video solution. The Senior Broadcast Engineer will additionally influence our technology direction by gathering customer feedback, implementing newly released technologies, and engaging with the sales team in providing presales supporting and scoping the delivery of complex enterprise video solutions.
- Lead engagement scoping, and delivery of complex live events and internal video streaming solutions.
- Serve as the company expert on implementing Viocorp’s technology alongside media caching solutions, encoding solutions, and in conjunction with internal and external CDNs.
- Work with the technology team to build partner education guides documenting best practices on how to implement Viocorp’s technology for live streaming solutions.
- Develop and implement scalable technical delivery infrastructure enabling Viocorp and its partners to service multiple concurrent live streaming events.
- Proactively monitor technical developments in the video streaming ecosystem and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- An accomplished and proven technical video leader with an established track record of delivering large, complex live streaming events across multiple networks.
- Proven expertise in translating desired business outcomes into technical requirements.
- An understanding of enterprise networking technologies, media caching solutions, and video content management.
- Comfort working across teams in an organisation in order to deliver customer outcomes.
- Experience and comfort with dealing with senior customer executives.
- Ability to resolve ambiguity.
- Smart: Intellectually and emotionally curious, uses analytics, trends, and emotional factors to influence.
- Performance orientation: Sets high standards and actively manages in order to attain them. Strong drive to achieving excellence.
- Humility: Understands business is a team sport; Thinks team first; acknowledges successes as a team effort.
- Judgement: Makes pragmatic decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information.
- Courage and conviction: Resilient in the face of adversity.
Why work here
Our clients are the best in their industries, wanting the very best of standards so you will need to be top of your game. We can be demanding and we work hard but we have fun along the way – flexible hours and ‘beer o’clock’ on Fridays. Bring with you the right level of commitment and we’ll ensure you’re rewarded. If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.